Pages

Wednesday 3 October 2012

ELF 32 Piece Cool Eyeshadow Set

ELF 32 Piece Cool Eyeshadow Set
The "cool" palette

I picked up this eyeshadow set at TK Maxx at the weekend for £4.99, which I thought was quite a bargain, but after some researching, realised it retails at $5 in the US, so it could have been even cheaper! The set is described as being cool in tone, but I wouldn't describe gold and browns as cool, which is what the last row of the palette is. There are also a couple warm pinks in there too, but for £4.99 I wasn't going to argue.

I wasn't really expecting much from the colours, but to be honest they aren't too bad. I've done some swatches, but bear with me, I had no idea what I was doing and tested them on the top of my arm first, then realised it would be better without arm hair.

First row with and then without flash:



I'm not normally one to wear bright greens but the third and fourth from left appeal as they aren't too over the top. I'm not sure how much wear I'll get from the turquoises and unfortunately the two next to the smoky black shade are pretty similar, so that's a quarter of this row I most likely won't use. They all have really good pigmentation though, especially for such an inexpensive set.

Second row with and then without flash:



I thought this row would be my favourite from looking at the palette in the shop, but seeing how little pigment the pinks and purples give off was kind of disappointing. I really like the last three blues though, especially the midnight blue at the end, and I don't have anything like this, so that makes up for it!

Third row with and then without flash:




These are pretty nice, as the darker shades all have a slightly different base colour with differing shimmer particles, I really like the greeny gold third from the right, but I expect I will use all of these, as I'm a bit of a rocker at heart! The only two that let the team down was the two fairly similar silvers at the far left, they are still wearable though, so not as bad as the turquoises!

Fourth row with then without flash:



I really like these colours and will probably wear all of them, they are pretty much all shimmers, the last one being the only matte shade, but that suits me fine as I find matte colours don't always show up as well. I think the first three colours will be good base shades and the coppers are really nice for autumn. 


I think the palette is a really nice addition to my make up collection as I didn't really stray far away from purples and silvers before. With the exception of the second row they are all strongly pigmented in mostly wearable shades, so I really recommend having a hunt in your local TK in case they have any lurking about :)

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment