Pages

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Make up favourites

So yesterday I mentioned that I was going to put together a list of my favourites, be it make up, skin care, music, art or anything that might gently ease me into the world of blogging and talking about myself. I'm going to start with make up!

I think of myself as kind of a newbie at this sort of thing, I haven't really got a whole lot of make up, and have only really just started getting into it, but I really like the sense of community I've witnessed on other bloggers sites, and that's what has really made me want to join in.

Really sorry about the noisy image - I don't have a DSLR so have to use my iPhone!

Favourite Make up (Might be slightly BM heavy, as I stocked up on my recent USA trip)

Foundation - BareMinerals original foundation in Fairly Light, which I also use as a concealer. I think this might change with the weather though, as it does tend to highlight my dry patches, which will only get worse in the winter. I got a sample of Liz Earle Sheer Tint in a magazine that I have been using recently, and really love it, so might give that a try.
Bronzer - BareMinerals Warmth (actually, it's pretty much the first and only bronzer I have had, so a favourite by default). I once bought a Paul and Joe eyeshadow duo just because I love their packaging and it was in the sale on ASOS, and I must admit, I've used it as a bronzer as the colours are a reddy brown and gold - mixed together I thought it worked quite well, but I might have looked hideous. Who knows.
Finishing powder - BM hydrating Mineral Veil. I'm not sure if this step is entirely necessary with a powder foundation, but it feels nice to have a set of actions to go through and know that I'm not doing it all wrong. It's slightly sparkly in the sifter, but doesn't really show on my face, which I was ever so slightly disappointed about.
Blusher - BM blush in Hot Shot. This is a colour I really didn't think I'd get any use out of - I got it as part of a free gift set when I spent over $50 or something like that. It's a really bright pink that I thought would look awful, but I really like it on days I'm not wearing so much on my eyes, it's such a nice burst of colour, and doesn't have any shimmer really, which makes a nice change from all the shimmery dusky pinks I seem to have accumulated over the years. I've also been trying to use my Benefit Hervana as my best friend bought it for me for my birthday, but I always seem to forget I have it, it's such a nice subtle pink, and it smells amazing!
Eye shadow - I really don't want to say BareMinerals again, but it has to be, as I've worn it so much over the summer. It's BM High Shine Eyecolor in Glisten. It's such a beautiful colour, like a pale silvery gold, and it's really easy to blend out to have as an all over eye colour, or to pack it on for full impact. It does create a bit of fallout sometimes, but not enough to make you not want to use it.
Eyeliner - Guerlain Terracotta Loose Powder Kohl. Yes! A non BM product! I bought this a fair while ago, but it's still available on the House of Fraser website. It's ridiculously expensive for such a little vial, but so interesting. The vial has an integrated stick applicator that applies the product on your waterline (you close your eye around it, then drag), but seriously, I make such a mess when applying this. I made the mistake of doing it after all my other make up the other day, and I got into such a state I was 10 minutes late for work! It's still my favourite though, as I really enjoy the process when I get it right, and it looks amazing, it completely fills the waterline. I'm tempted to do a review on it, to show how amazing it can look, but also how wrong you can get it!
Mascara - BM Flawless Definition Curl and Lengthen Mascara. This is terrible isn't it? It looks like I'm a secret BM mole, but I can assure you, I'm not. I'm just one of those people that jumped on the BM bandwagon a couple months ago, and suddenly had a much larger interest in make up. I'm much more willing to test out other products now than I was a couple months ago, I had such confidence in BM and their ability to make me look nice that it kind of made me reluctant to change something that was working. I've worn this mascara pretty much every day for three months now, and it's just starting to turn and get a bit clumpy, so I'm in the market for a new one I think!
Lipgloss - Ahem… BM Marvelous Moxie in Show Off. I don't think we can get these in the UK yet, the girl in the BM store in the US said that the Moxie glosses were brought out to replace the Buxom ones we get here as there were complaints about the level of tinglyness Buxom caused - people actually said it was painful! I've got a Buxom lipgloss and I would never say it was painful, just a nice tingle, I don't know what they were on about!

Well that's all of my favourite daily make up, it's not a great start as I had hoped to have more variation, but I guess that's something to work towards.

Some links:

Guerlain Eyeliner - House of Fraser
All other make up - BareMinerals

L x


No comments:

Post a Comment