Pages

Sunday 30 September 2012

Wedding outfit and makeup

I have a wedding reception to go to in a few weeks and until a couple of days ago I hadn't really thought about the total lack of appropriate clothes I have for an autumn wedding. I bought a really nice deep purple lipstick from 17 last week and thought it would be a nice opportunity to wear it as I don't usually do anything daring with my lips, so have been basing my outfit around that. I found this dress on Asos (half price too!), and the shoes in New Look. I wanted to have a nude coloured dress to compliment the plum coloured makeup and accessories etc. It has tiny little flower sequins all over it, it's really pretty in the flesh.


With the outfit sorted I decided to get planning the makeup, I didn't want to leave it to chance on the night and run out of time, so have been practising today.

First of all, I used my new Barry M lipliner in Plum, which was pretty much a match for my 17 Lasting Fix lipstick in New Black. I put it on pretty thick as it was a bit streaky, and I thought it looked ok until I took a photo and realised just how dark it was, and how pale I am!



I have the world's wonkiest mouth, so apologies for that, but I don't think I'm that bad at applying lipstick, this to me just looks a mess. I decided that it was too dark for a wedding, and set about sorting it out, I took it all off and started again, this time using it as a tint, then applying lip gloss over the top to make it less streaky. I used my Bare Minerals Moxie Lipgloss in Show Off, which I was much happier with.

Onto my eyes, I thought with quite a strong lip (even as a tint) I would go for a subtle eye. I used my MUA undressed palette, using shade 1 as a base and shade 9 in the crease, and then used my new 17 eyeshadow trio in Enchanted Smoke (the plum matte shade) on the outside and underneath my eye. I then finished it off with some mascara, as I didn't think it needed eyeliner or kohl. So here's the final result, which I was pretty pleased with!

What do you think?


Links



No comments:

Post a Comment